Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

So it begins...

Today I jump in with both feet. I start my blog. Some people have been nudging (pushing?) me about it for a while, but I lean toward stubborn and tend to dig in when pushed. So this took way longer than it needed to. To all of them I ask: Are you happy now? 

I have to say I am technically adverse. I still think a typewriter sounds cool. Way cooler than a laptop. Click, click, click..ding...ziiiiip! (Look it up if you don't know what that means!) I love the feel and smell of books, especially old books--not to be mistaken for that 'old people who never open a window house smell'. And I love to tell stories.

For a long time other people have known I am a writer. My family did. My friends did. My high school English teacher did. My University professor who became a mentor did.  Actually, everyone knew. I denied it.

Writers had to wear awful smoking jackets with corduroy elbow patches, right? Writers had to talk in that Thurston Howell the Third nasal tone, right? There was no way that was me.

I know one thing for certain....if you are meant to do something, it will haunt you, hunt you down and make you miserable until you finally just admit it, accept it and do it. Now I admit it. I am a writer. I quietly have been professionally for several years. I love it. This is my world. Welcome to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment