Pages

Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Schmoz...

I'm convinced that my DVD player is possessed.  

All I wanted to do was record the royal wedding for a little girl who is crazy about princesses. This modern day love story seems to be plucked right out of the pages of her favourite fairytales. For her to watch the pomp and ceremony of a real royal wedding would put her over the moon.

And I could do that if only this bloody DVD recorder would do what I want it to. Really. How hard can it be to use timer record on this machine. My first attempt fails--miserably. Set it to record four hours and captured a grand total of zero seconds! So I try again to catch one of the replays. Didn't work...are you kidding me?! 

Finally I'm set to give up...maybe she won't be that disappointed, I console myself. I can live with being the cause of the disappointment for her. Surely the sting of the sadness in her eyes won't burn for long. Can't give up...so end up recording it while I watch it again. Whew! 


Thanks, Wills and Kate for helping me realize my inability with gadgets of all kinds. Oh, and congratulations on your wedding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment