Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lounging Eating BonBons


image source: 123rf.com

Today I had opportunity to watch daytime TV. No I mean grown up daytime TV-- that isn't a cartoon (and perfect) mother bear that makes me question my ability as a parent. You know, laying on the couch eating bonbons, like a real writer!  I learned something.

We have 160 channels of nothing to watch. Nothing. We pay handsomely for the right to watch 160 channels of nothing. I am an empty shell with dashed dreams of wasting time well. Sigh!

I sit down with a hot cuppa and anticipate some great adult entertainment...er...that sounds wrong....I mean grown up television shows.  Click, click, click. Wedding story....been there, done my own, don't care about yours. Click, click, click. Baby story...I know how that ends!  Click, click, click..Mom Show--ummm, isn't this my daily life that I suddenly have a reprieve from? Click, click, click.... cooking...pause--YUMMY! No, no! That will just make me hungry leading to more work for me when I try to make that later. Next...next....next. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing

Oh wait, what is this? I'm smiling. I'm not changing the channel. It's got all the vices and drama of the modern world. Still its comical...and familiar. At long last I've found something to watch and use up my work time! And its age appropriate! Score!


You can never go wrong watching the Flintstones. YABADABADOO!


image source: checkdemo.info




No comments:

Post a Comment