Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Green, Green Grass of Home

Once upon a time a family had a lovely back yard. It had beautiful grown trees that towered over the yard offering just the right amount of shade and breeze on a hot summer day. The only problem with the yard was the lawn. Because of the shade, the grass was difficult to grow.

The family invested in new dirt and all new sod. They were ecstatic with their lush grass and its deep, deep green colour. Finally! But the joy was short lived as the next year the grass came back, but thinner. Dirt and seed, but only a few blades came in. They babied and pampered that section of the yard. Still no grass. "Next year will be different", they consoled themselves.

It will be different all right. This year the family will have a nice shaded area with a beautiful view of this:



 Which covers up this hole--this is partially filled in. I'm sure it's half way to China and I don't know where the rest of the dirt went. Maybe he ate it. 

Gateway to China
 I'd be ok with that if I wanted to go to China via underground tunnels. And I wish Nakoda wouldn't grin so smugly about it:

Expert Excavator
 Grin away, Nakoda. I'm looking into renting you out to excavation companies--to help pay for the replacement dirt when you stop digging (and you will). Anyone else need some holes?  I'm happy to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment